The majority of Social Security disability applications the Social Security
Administration receives are denied the first-time through. In these types
of cases, the only way to gain access to SSDI benefits is to file an appeal
and ask for reconsideration.
The following actions can also dramatically increase your chances of success
in a Social Security Disability case:
- Do not delay seeking disability benefits. As soon as you become disabled
and unable to work, you should waste no time in pursuing your SSDI claim.
- See your personal doctor and find out if he or she concurs that your condition
is grounds for a disability claim. If your doctor does not believe your
injuries or illness makes you eligible to pursue SSDI benefits, you are
going to have a difficult if not impossible time gaining access to benefits.
- Continue going to the doctor on a regular basis. Your needs for benefits
will be based on your condition. If you do not require continued medical
treatment, the SSA is unlikely to approve benefits.
- The SSDI application process is complex. If you have questions or you need
assistance, we advise you seek the counsel of an experienced Social Security
- Hire a Social Security disability attorney to guide you through the application
process. Retaining the services of an attorney can also assist you when
appealing a denial of coverage.
- Submit your medical records along with your initial application, as well
as along with any appeal you need to file.
- Cooperate with the claim examiner processing your claim. Respond quickly,
answer questions fully and provide any additional information for which
you are asked. Kindness and consideration will also go a long way to expediting
your claim and improve your chances of success.
At Harris & Riviere, Attorneys at Law, our attorneys take a personalized
approach to the legal counsel we provide. We have more than five decades
combined experience. One of our attorneys has a Very Good Rating on Avvo,
while the other is Martindale-Hubbell® AV Preeminent® Rated. As
a result of our hard work and determination we have a long track record
of being able to successfully help our clients pursue SSDI benefits.
We understand how important it may be to your survival to receive benefits,
and to do so in a timely fashion. We are unrelenting advocates for the
injured and are committed to doing everything we can to help you seek
the disability benefits you may be eligible to receive. To find out more
about what our firm can do for you,
contact us now
to schedule a free consultation with a Tampa Social Security disability attorney.